How we work
Two factors are weighed before EMERGENCY USA decides whether or not to support a project:
• The need for specialized medical or surgical services in a region
• The absence of similar humanitarian projects or medical services in the given region.
EMERGENCY USA supports programs that:
• Offer free medical and surgical treatment to anyone in need of assistance, without racial, ideological, political, religious or economic discrimination
• Provide high quality assistance, employing standardized therapeutic and work protocols which have been tried and tested
• Train local staff thoroughly, with the intent of handing over the health facilities to the local health authorities as soon as self-sustainability can be achieved.
EMERGENCY usually builds or renovates medical structures that are subsequently handed over to the local health authorities. On-the-job training, which is one of our most important missions, is provided by the teams of highly specialized international staff.