Working with EMERGENCY means providing specialized medical assistance free of charge to victims of war and poverty. Beyond offering their professional expertise in daily work, international staff provide on-the-job training and supervision to the national staff. This is a vital component of EMERGENCY's capacity-building work.
If you are interested in working with EMERGENCY in our humanitarian projects, please click here to look at the specific job descriptions to get a better idea of who we are looking for and what working with EMERGENCY will entail.
For the Salam Center for Cardiac Surgery in Khartoum, Sudan, EMERGENCY is recruiting specific staff.
Necessary prerequisites for field work
- Relevant professional experience - minimum of three years in a hospital setting
- Availability to live abroad for 3-6 consecutive months
- Working knowledge of English
- Flexibility and ability to work within a team under stressful conditions
- Ability to adapt to clinical and operative working protocols
- Sense of discipline and respect for the safety rules outlined by the organization
- Respect of local cultures and traditions
EMERGENCY provides monthly salary, travel expenses, accommodation, board and insurance for all its field personnel.
Please email a copy of your CV to CV@emergencyusa.org. Thank you for your interest in working for EMERGENCY.